As stated in Alberta Education’s Teacher Quality Standard document, teachers who hold a Permanent Professional Certificate must demonstrate that they “are career-long learners” (Ministerial Order #016/97, 1997).
I believe that I demonstrate this through the following:
- I recently completed my Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Design majoring in Inclusion at the University of Concordia, Portland, Oregon. I took this degree to enhance my ability to support my students and provide leadership in the area of Inclusion.
- I reflect on and discuss educational concepts using this blog, Twitter and my PLN.
- I have taken a number of different professional development courses to improve my teaching practice.
- I constantly research and read about education, and seek help and guidance from those around me.
- I use my professional growth plans to improve my teaching practice (Example Professional Growth Plan – Kathryn Kindrat – Seba Beach – 2011)
- I share and demonstrate my love of learning in the classroom!